Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
Basic E-news was created for users that want to use Drupal to generate e-mail newsletters, but wish to use a third-party delivery provider such as VerticalResponse. The module allows administrators to define "e-news" or "newsletter" content types, and easily export those content types in both HTML and plain text formats.
Basic E-news provides a global "e-news" template and content type specific templates so that themers can customize their markup for newsletter broadcasts while maintaining a "live" website version of their newsletter or newsletters.
- Administrators can choose which .CSS files to include for each newsletter template.
- All css is "inlined" and all links and image source urls are converted to absolute links
Basic E-news uses the emogrifier class to transport provided CSS style definitions to in-line style attributes. This creates two basic server configuration requirements.
- PHP 5
- The DOM extension.
- Download and install Basic E-news module (see: Installing contributed modules).
- Download the emogrifier class and unpack it within enews/emogrifier so that the directory structure is
- [optional]: To override the default enews template, copy enews.tpl.php to your site's theme(s) directory
- [optional]: Add enews-specific regions to your theme's .info file, and edit the newsletter content type to include these regions.
Basic E-news module development is sponsored by Message Agency.
- Maintenance status: Minimally maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Mail, Third-party Integration, Utility
- Reported installs: 67 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 6,213
- Last modified: April 6, 2015
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.