Give the gift of Drupal. All merchandise is 50% off through 2016.
IMPORTANT: There is currently a bug in Pantheon's backup process that will skip any file or directory starting with 'css' including the CSS Injector files that are saved in a css_injector directory. If you are using CSS Injector 1.x on Pantheon, you will lose the actual CSS from each configuration if you restore from a backup until this issue is resolved.
Allows administrators to inject CSS into the page output based on configurable rules. It's useful for adding simple CSS tweaks without modifying a site's official theme. The CSS is added using Drupal's standard drupal_add_css() function and respects page caching, etc. The 2.x brach leverages CTools so CSS can be included with Feature changes (ie. CSS that improves the look of a View can be packaged with the View).
This module is definitely not a replacement for full-fledged theming, but it provides site administrators with a quick and easy way of tweaking things without diving into full-fledged theme hacking.
- Creative individuals can use CSS to execute code on a client's browser, by injecting JS snippets in place of images and so on. Treat the 'Administer CSS Injector' permission carefully, as you would any other sensitive administrative tool; allowing untrusted individuals to use it is a security risk.
- CSS is not actually stored in the database in 1.x branch of this module. The 2.x branch is a complete rewrite that leverages CTools making it possible to manage CSS changes with Features
There is currently no upgrade path from 1.x to 2.x
Know Issues w/ 2.x Branch
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Theme Enhancements
- Reported installs: 35,709 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 191,017
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: December 2, 2014
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.