Using Cron Control, you'll be able to fine-tune Drupal's cron, with special features for clustered environments.
Using the current version of Cron Control, you'll be able to turn on or off individual cron jobs or define the server on which they should run.
For example, transcoding videos should not decrease your site's performance. Using Cron Control, you can configure a server in a clustered environment, to be dedicated to doing that job, while others continue to serve your pages without loss of performance.
You can also outsource resource-hungry cron jobs (like transcoding videos) to a cloud, which doesn't need to be available all the time. These cron jobs will run as soon as the cloud server resources are available, while your regular web servers continue to run "normal" cron jobs.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Administration, Drush, Performance and Scalability
- Reported installs: 54 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 9,503
- Last modified: March 30, 2015
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.