The 'Create content' module adds contextual information to 'Create content' menu links.
In Drupal, when a user creates new content it can appear to be lost especially if the new content is not set to be appear on the sites frontpage and/or added to a menu. Basically when a user creates new content, they must select where it should go. The 'Create content' modules tries to make a users life easier by predicting where the user wants to new content to live by prepopulating fields, in the node edit form, based on where the user is when creating the content.
For example, if a user is currently viewing a book and clicks 'Content -> Create content > Book page' it is safe to assume they want to add a page to the book they are viewing. The 'Create content' module will filter the list of content types under the 'Create content' menu and only display content types that can be added as book pages. The module will also add the book's nid to the node/add forms URL (ie node/add/book-page?&parent=[nid])
Another good example, is a user is viewing (a View of) press releases, the 'Create content' module assumes that the user wants to create more press releases.
This modules was inspired by the Node Reference URL Widget and takes the basic concept a step further.
- Adds suggested and show all toggle to 'Create content' menus and pages including the Administration menu.
- Adds context to these core and contrib modules. See 'Supported Modules'.
- Displays context information (for developers) on the node/add page.
- Adds a 'Create content' block.
- Syncronizes a node's menu title with the node title.
- Add 'Book page' to book.
- Add 'Page' to menu.
- Set 'Author' for content created from a user profile.
- Add 'Press release' content type to a 'Press releases' view.
- Add 'Event' content type to a 'Calendar' view.
- Populate a CCK field when viewing a View filtered by the selected CCK field.
- Book: Allows users to structure site pages in a hierarchy or outline.
- Menu: Allows administrators to customize the site navigation menu.
- Taxonomy: Enables the categorization of content.
- User: Manages the user registration and login system.
- Content Taxonomy: Defines a field type for taxonomy terms
- Node Reference: Defines a field type for referencing one node from another.
- Views: Create customized lists and queries from your database.
- Views attach: Provides new Views display types that can be attached to nodes or users.
- Webform Report: Allows users to create reports from webform data.
- Prepopulate: Allows form elements to be prepopulated from the URL.
- Url alter: Utility module that adds new hook_url_alter() hooks for other modules to implement. Also replaces the need for custom_url_rewrite() functions in settings.php.
- Administration menu: Provides a dropdown menu to most administrative tasks and other common destinations (to users with the proper permissions).
- Add support for all admin toolbar related modules.
- Improve caching.
- Admin Menu (3.x) branch uses extensive caching which does not render the 'Create content' links for every page. This results in the wrong context being applied to the 'Create content' links. One solution might be to create a client-side work-around.