Context Block Class gives users of the Context module the ability to define custom classes for blocks per context, both for each block and globally for a region. The module implements a context reaction, providing the interface required for adding classes to blocks which have been defined for that context. This unlocks a tremendous amount of theming flexibility for users of Context module. When combined with a grid based theme or any other theme which implements re-usable styles, the options are endless!
- Enable the module.
- Ensure that your theme has a copy of block.tpl.php.
- Insert a PHP snippet to your theme's block.tpl.php file(s) that prints the $context_block_classes variable (see below).
- To add a class to a block or to all blocks within a region, add the "Block classes" reaction to your context.
Adding the php snippet
Add this snippet to your theme's block.tpl.php inside the block's class definition:
Here's the first line of the Garland theme's block.tpl.php prior to adding the code:
<div id="block-<?php print $block->module .'-'. $block->delta; ?>" class="clear-block block block-<?php print $block->module ?>">
And here's what the code should look like after adding the snippet:
<div id="block-<?php print $block->module .'-'. $block->delta; ?>" class="clear-block block block-<?php print $block->module ?> <?php print $context_block_classes; ?>">
IMPORTANT: Remember to separate the PHP snippet from the existing markup with a single space. If you don't add the space, your CSS classes could run together like this: "block-modulecustomclass" instead of "block-module customclass".
Development of this module is sponsored by Advantage Labs, Inc.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Unknown
- Module categories: Content Display, Theme Enhancements
- Reported installs: 23 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 1,150
- Last modified: November 27, 2014
- Stable releases receive coverage from the Drupal Security Team.
Look for the shield icon below.