This project is not covered by Drupal’s security advisory policy.
The Contest module allows your site to host random games of chance, “Sweepstakes”. Users can enter to win prizes via a random drawing.
Example uses for the Contest module include:
- A theater or museum has a contest to give away tickets to encourage online users to join.
- A club hosting a sweepstakes for it's members.
- An advertiser sponsor's a contest that a news/publishing/media company hosts in exchange for the entrant list.
- A website host's contests to entice members to visit the site regularly.
The Contest module provides an easy way to join the website and enter the contest at the same time. Members with complete profiles can just click the “Enter Contest” button.
Upon installation a custom content type, (contest) and user profile fields, (real name, address, phone, age) are created. Overall the module is pretty light weight, with very limited dependencies making it easy to maintain.
Sweepstakes winners can be selected via a contest's admin page or the entries exported and printed for a public drawing. Publishing winner's is a separate step to allow for digital or public drawings and confirmation that the contest rules have been followed. The same export for the sweepstakes, (a CSV compatible with Excel) can be provided to sponsors or affiliates for marketing purposes.
Modules similar to the Contest module:
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Commerce/Advertising, Community, Content, E-commerce, Games and Amusements
- Reported installs: 41 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 2,219
- Last modified: 3 April 2017
- This project is not covered by the security advisory policy.
Use at your own risk! It may have publicly disclosed vulnerabilities.