This module provides easy Content Delivery Network integration for Drupal sites. It changes file URLs, so that files (CSS, JS, images, fonts, videos …) are downloaded from a CDN instead of your web server.
It does not put your entire website behind a CDN.
Origin Pull CDNs are supported. These are CDNs that only require you to replace the domain name with another domain name. The CDN will then automatically fetch (pull) the files from your server (the origin). Nowadays pretty much every CDN is an Origin Pull CDN.
The CDN module aims to do only one thing and do it well: altering URLs to point to files on CDNs. It supports:
- Any sort of CDN mapping
- DNS prefetching: lets browsers connect to the CDN faster
- SEO: prevents CDN from serving HTML and REST responses, only allow files
- Forever cacheable files (optimal far future expiration)
- Auto-balancing files over multiple CDNs
- … and many more details that are taken care of automatically
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Maintenance fixes only
- Module categories: Performance and Scalability
- Reported installs: 6,667 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 380,207
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: December 2, 2016
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.