The Custom Contextual Links module allows you to add your own links to the contextual drop down widgets of blocks and nodes.
Contextual links are really great for quick access to settings pages within your Drupal install. They cut down the time required to click through the sometimes cumbersome Drupal administrative navigation. However, the links displayed in the contextual widget need to be defined through a module. This is where CCL comes in. This module allows you to add and manage custom links through a UI that will be displayed in the contextual widgets.
You can add contextual links to:
- a single node
- all nodes of a content type
- all nodes
- a specific block
- all blocks
- all views
- all displays of a specific view
- all specific display of a view
Node action links support so far:
- make a node sticky/unsticky
- publish/unpublish a node
- Promote/remove a node from the home page
Local action links can be assigned to pages with a similar interface like core blocks. The visibility can be controlled by:
- content type
- user role
Additionally you can also use Drupal core tokens for title and links. This allows to create a link like "node/[node:nid]/devel" which will add a link to the devel view of a node into the contextual widget.
New features for the 7 branch are put on hold until we have a stable release for 8.
- Maintenance status: Seeking co-maintainer(s)
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Administration, Site Navigation, Utility
- Reported installs: 5,287 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 70,482
- Last modified: 23 February 2017
- Stable releases for this project are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.