This theme is obsolete. I suggest using the excellent Bootstrap theme instead.
BH Bootstrap Theme for Drupal 7
This theme is a basic port of Twitter's Bootstrap development framework to Drupal 7. It can be used as a theme out-of-the-box, but is intended to be used as a parent theme. The theme itself is currently at an early stage of development, but appears reliable and stable. Implemented features should simply work with Drupal 7.
However, please note:
- this theme requires the Bootstrap library. Ideally, the 7.x-1.0 version of the Libraries module should be installed, and the Bootstrap framework directory placed so that the main bootstrap css file is reachable at
Alternatively, download the Bootstrap framework, copy it into the theme directory so that the main bootstrap css file is reachable at
- this theme requires jQuery 1.7 (in other words, the 7.x-2.x-dev version of the jquery_update module).
this theme works well as an admin theme (surprisingly well in fact--it reflects well on both Drupal and Boostrap!), but please note that since it uses jQuery 1.7 (use the development version of the jQuery Update module), adding fields to content types will not work currently (though the issue may soon be fixed in Drupal core).
Note also that though the theme is generally attractive and functional when used as an admin theme, there are definite problems with certain Drupal core pages and with commonly-used contrib modules. Some of these are easily fixed, others not so much. Your mileage may vary.
If it doesn't work with your favourite contrib module, I'll gratefully accept and merge your patches :)
- the excellent Webform module provides its own versions of many of Drupal's core form theming functions. This theme does not yet implement any of these.
Bootstrap's markup and Drupal's are often similar, but can be quite different. This theme employs two strategies to overcome this difference:
- Remove Drupal (and module) stylesheets where they do more harm than good; in other words, rather than duplicate styles (such as Drupal's menu styles) that are amply handled by Bootstrap, simply use the theme info file to remove them altogether, and
- use theming functions or template files to modify Drupal's html (as minimally as is practical) so that Bootstrap's CSS will work directly; in these cases, I have tried to keep the theming functions as close as possible to the original functions contained in core or in the modules that provide the originals.
- as a last resort, (since Bootstrap and Drupal often do not have sufficiently similar markup) "map" Bootstrap styles onto Drupal markup using Less--in fact I haven't needed to do any of this since restarting development on the 7.x-2.x branch.
Bootstrap Feature Implementations
So far, the following Bootstrap features have been positively implemented:
- the basic fixed, 16-column grid system
- typography and lists
- basic form styles and buttons (not including the Webform module's forms--yet)
- block messages
The BH Bootstrap Extras module package also provides modules to enable the following features for use with this theme:
- dropdowns--though these have only been tested with the Bootstrap navbar, but may also work with tabs, pills etc
- Bootstrap-style tabs for use with the teriffic Quicktabs module
Bootstrap includes a "Main hero unit for a primary marketing message or call to action". This is essentially a big block, styled differently from the main content. This theme implements that feature by providing a region-specific block template,
block--highlighted.tpl.php, that provides the necessary class, and changes the block's heading from h2 to h1. In
page.tpl.php, when $highlighted is set, the page's heading changes from h1 to h2 (i.e. so that there is never more than a single h1 per page).
Use Drupal's Blocks interface or the Context module to display a 'hero unit' on any (or every) page on your site. As it's a standard Drupal region, it may contain any kind of block content whatsoever.
- Maintenance status: Unsupported
- Development status: Obsolete
- Reported installs: 108 sites currently report using this theme. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 7,138
- Last modified: December 2, 2014
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.