Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
Better formats is a module to add more flexibility to Drupal's core input format system.
8.x & 7.x (needs more testing for a stable release)
- Set allowed text formats per field.
- Set default order of text formats per field.
- Hide format tips per role.
- Hide more format tips link per role.
- Hide format selection per role per entity.
- Currently only works on Field API fields on fieldable entities implementing core style text processing. The good thing is that is most things in core and contrib.
Some of the features in BF are in Drupal 7 core now. Ability to order formats to give a default globally is in D7 core. BF in in D7 will focus on filling in the gaps that are not in core (mainly hiding format selection and field level defaults) and is under testing for a production stable release.
Drupal 6: Unsupported.
Drupal 7: Most development is done. Needs heavy testing to create a stable production release. Not ready for use on production sites.
Drupal 8: Most development is done. Needs heavy testing to create a stable production release. Not ready for use on production sites.
- Maintenance status: Seeking co-maintainer(s)
- Development status: Under active development
- Reported installs: 58,448 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 443,284
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: June 30, 2016
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.