DrupalCon Baltimore: 161 sessions, many voices, infinite possibilities. Earlybird rate ends Friday.
The Behat UI module lets any person to run automated tests and create new tests (and also run them while they are being created). The user can later download the updated feature with the newly created test. It's fully customizable and the interface is very interactive/intuitive.
Features on running an existing test suite:
- The Behat binary and behat.yml can be located at any place, you just need to provide the path to them
- HTTP authentication, for both headless testing and real browser testing (Selenium)
- Tests run on background, the module checks for the process periodically and the output is updated on the screen (because some large test suites can take even hours to run)
- Kill execution
- Colored and meaningful output
- Run the testing suite as a Drush command: `drush bui` or `drush behat-ui`
- Export output as HTML or plain text
Features on creating a new test (scenario) through the interface:
- Check available step types
- Choose step type from select field ("given", "when", "and" and "then")
- Auto-complete and syntax highlighting on the step fields
- Add new steps
- Remove a step
- Reorder steps
- Run test at any time (even if it's not completed yet)
- Download the updated feature with the new scenario
YAML extension is required. You can install it through PECL: `# pecl install yaml`
Check the example FeatureContext.php file for two examples of useful steps:
- Take screenshot (very useful for debugging specially if you run Selenium headless, using XVFB or something like that)
- HTTP authentication
You can run the tests using PhantomJS instead of Selenium. In order to do that, just run PhantomJS on port 8643, this way:
phantomjs --webdriver=8643 --cookies-file=/tmp/cookies.txt. In that case, you should put the path http://localhost:8643/wd/hub as the wd_host in behat.yml. It didn't work with PhantomJS 2.0, but it does work with PhantomJS 1.9.8.
If you don't know from where to start, check the file sample-test-suite.zip.
Check this video to understand better how it works.
Check the module on Github.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Developer
- Reported installs: 58 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 1,844
- Last modified: November 3, 2016
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.