Basic cart is a very simple shopping cart / checkout process for Drupal, that just sends 2 emails after each order. Along with the shopping cart, this module also provides a block where you can view your cart's content. It's ideal for small websites with only a few products or other content types being sold, for example touristic offers.
Main difference from Ubercart and Commerce
The main difference from Ubercart and Commerce is the possibility of choosing the content types that can be added to the cart. It also doesn't bother you with the Product SKU, that can be a pain when you have just a few products.
- The possibility of choosing the content types that can be added to the cart.
- The possibility of sending, or not, an email to the customer once an order is placed.
- Custom email messages for both the site administrator and the customer, along with the order details.
- Order registration and listing in the administration area using Views module.
- Integration with Rules module.
- A block with the contents of your shopping cart.
- Install the module.
- If the goods you want to sell don't exist on your website, create a new content type for them. If you already have a content type for them you can skip this step.
- Select the content type/s on the module configuration page: Configuration - Basic Cart or admin/config/basic_cart/settings.
- Create a view for the content type/s to get the shop's overview. If you already have it, you can skip this step.
- You have a block with the cart preview. Activate it ;-)
- Start to add you're products in the newly created content type or in the one you already have.
- Maintenance status: Seeking co-maintainer(s)
- Development status: Under active development
- Reported installs: 1,116 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 16,080
- Last modified: December 2, 2014
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.