Author Pane is a block of information about a given user, like those typically found on a forum post, but can be used in other places as well. From core, it collects the user picture, name, join date, online status, contact link, and profile information. In addition, any module or theme can feed it more information via the preprocess system. All of this information is then gathered and displayed using a template file.
Module integrations (D7):
The following modules will automatically add information to Author Pane when enabled. Some of these integrations are included in the Author Pane project while others are included in the individual projects. More integrations can be added as explained here Non-core integrations are not supported and may be removed if they break and no one is willing to supply a patch.
- Facebook-style Statuses
- Fast Toggle*
- Organic Groups*
- Privatemsg 1.4 (or later) (Untested against 2.x so YMMV.)
- User Badges*
- User Relationships
- User Stats
- User Titles* (text version by default; image version must be added to template)
* These modules' integration code are included in AP. All others are part of the module in question.
6.x This will only get security updates at this point and will be unsupported along with Drupal 6 in February.
7.x Drupal 7 isn't getting any new features at this point and is minimally supported.
8.x While there is a D8 branch, it is not ready to be used. The port is still ongoing. I have it marked unsupported until it is at least minimally usable.
- Maintenance status: Minimally maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Reported installs: 8,061 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 168,961
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: December 21, 2015
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.