This project is not covered by Drupal’s security advisory policy.
A pretty darn quick cache. Uses asynchronous connections & prefetching to speed up cache calls & eliminate deadlocks & metadata locks on the cache tables.
MySQL 5.5+, PHP 5.3+, and the mysqlnd driver.
Features & Benefits
- Eliminates deadlocks & metadata locks for all cache tables.
- Faster page load times for logged in and anonymous users due to cache prefetching.
- Outputs query information to the devel query log. Will output prefetch info as well.
- Better handing of the minimum cache lifetime; does smarter garbage collection of the cache bins. Purges caches based on individual records' timestamps instead of just using the expire column, the created column is used as well.
- Changes the collation of cache tables to utf8_bin. Using the utf8_bin collation is faster and more accurate when matching cache ids since no unicode normalization is done to cache query conditions. D8 backport of ( ).
- Changes the semaphore table to use the MEMORY engine if using MySQL 5.5 or lower. This will speed up writes to the lock table for older versions of MySQL.
- Writes to the watchdog table from the dblog module are done using an async query.
- Session initialization is done with 1 query instead of 2. Session writes use async queries.
- Configurable, per bin deflate compression of the data blob resulting in smaller cache tables in the database and faster network transfers if MySQL is on a different box.
The quick and easy way to set this up is to install the module and go to the status report page
admin/reports/status. Works with MySQL only at this point.
Below is what you'll typically need to add to your settings.php file.
$databases['default']['default']['init_commands']['isolation'] = "SET SESSION tx_isolation='READ-COMMITTED'"; $databases['default']['default']['init_commands']['lock_wait_timeout'] = "SET SESSION innodb_lock_wait_timeout = 20"; $databases['default']['default']['init_commands']['wait_timeout'] = "SET SESSION wait_timeout = 600"; $conf['cache_backends'] = 'sites/all/modules/apdqc/apdqc.cache.inc'; $conf['cache_default_class'] = 'APDQCache'; $conf['lock_inc'] = 'sites/all/modules/apdqc/apdqc.lock.inc'; $conf['session_inc'] = 'sites/all/modules/apdqc/apdqc.session.inc';
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Database Drivers, Performance and Scalability
- Reported installs: 635 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 8,635
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: 15 October 2016
- This project is not covered by the security advisory policy.
Use at your own risk! It may have publicly disclosed vulnerabilities.