Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
Posted by iamEAP on
The Alternative Database Cache module is a drop-in replacement for Drupal Core's default cache implementation. Its goal is to fix long-standing problems with Drupal's core caching mechanism.
|On cron, w/out minimum lifetime||Cache is wiped on every cron run||Cache is wiped at a configurable interval (default: once per 24hrs).|
|On cron, w/minimum lifetime set||Cron deletes all cache entries no more than once per cache_lifetime.||Cron deletes only cache entries older than cache_lifetime at a configurable interval.|
|On content change, w/out minimum lifetime||Page/block caches completely cleared every time content is saved.|
|On content change, w/minimum lifetime set||If page/block caches were last cleared more than cache_lifetime ago, both bins are emptied. Otherwise, no action is taken.||Page/block cache entries older than cache_lifetime are deleted.|
- Enable this module like you would any module, whether at /admin/modules or via drush.
- In your settings.php file, you'll need to add the following lines to force Drupal to use the ADBC backend.
/** * ADBC settings. */ $conf['cache_backends'] = 'sites/all/modules/adbc/adbc.cache.inc'; $conf['cache_default_class'] = 'AlternativeDrupalDatabaseCache';
- You may need to change the path to adbc.cache.inc depending on how your site's structure is set up.
- Once enabled, the module exposes a new "Cache garbage collection frequency" setting in the performance settings page. It defaults to 24 hours, but you may want to set this lower or higher depending on your needs.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Performance and Scalability
- Reported installs: 104 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 1,917
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: May 25, 2016
- This project is not covered by the security advisory policy.
It may have publicly disclosed vulnerabilities. Use at your own risk!