The Alternative PHP Cache (APC) is a free and open opcode cache for PHP. Its goal is to provide a free, open, and robust framework for caching and optimizing PHP intermediate code. Besides a opcode cache it provides a user cache for storing application data. This module uses the APC user cache as a cache backend for Drupal.
Use APC for caches that do not change often and will not grow too big to avoid fragmentation. The default setting of APC will allow you to store 32 MiB for the opcode cache and the user cache combined. Make sure you tweak this according to your website's needs. An example configuration could be to cache 'cache' and 'cache_bootstrap' in APC; 'cache_field' and 'cache_menu' in Memcached and store 'cache_filter' in the database
The APC backend can be run for drupal 6 using cache backport.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Performance and Scalability, Third-party Integration, Utility
- Reported installs: 5,312 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 69,802
- Last modified: December 2, 2014