This project is not covered by Drupal’s security advisory policy.
Advanced Blog is designed to build community engagement on Drupal community sites and expand on the features provided by the core blog module. It also acts as a replacement for the following modules:
Advanced Blog integrates and expands on the features of the above modules in order to provide better navigation of site blogs, allow more options for community blogs, and display blogs in a unique fashion. As such, it is not compatible with any of the above modules.
- Provides customizable block to display site bloggers.
- Allows users to give their blog a title and description.
- Creates a page of site bloggers that includes author and blog information.
- Enables advanced blog navigation by author, post date, etc.
- Integrates with Token module, allowing usage of blog title and / or description in fields that work with tokens.
Requires the Drupal core blog module, and PHP 5.2+.
It should be noted that similar results can be achieved using http://drupal.org/project/views_customfield and http://drupal.org/project/content_profile. Using Views and Content Profile has proven to be a more stable route as well as a more flexible one.
With the power of Views 3 and profile fields (or Profile 2), you can easily duplicate the functionality of this module with greater flexibility. Given that this module mostly managed the manipulation of a few displays, your upgrade path should be the building of new Views and the migration of blog descriptions.
The Blog module was removed from Drupal 8 core. The flexibility of Views and entities pretty much replaces the need for this module entirely.
Thank you to the maintainers and contributors of the past blog modules.
For support and/or help migrating please contact WebOzy, a web services company that focuses on Drupal and WordPress development. Yeah, we do blogs.
- Maintenance status: Seeking new maintainer
- Development status: No further development
- Module categories: Community, Content Display, Site Navigation
- Reported installs: 361 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 23,565
- Last modified: July 15, 2015
- This project is not covered by the security advisory policy.
Use at your own risk! It may have publicly disclosed vulnerabilities.