Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
You need Views if
- You like the default front page view, but you find you want to sort it differently.
- You like the default taxonomy/term view, but you find you want to sort it differently; for example, alphabetically.
- You use /tracker, but you want to restrict it to posts of a certain type.
- You like the idea of the 'article' module, but it doesn't display articles the way you like.
- You want a way to display a block with the 5 most recent posts of some particular type.
- You want to provide 'unread forum posts'.
- You want a monthly archive similar to the typical Movable Type/Wordpress archives that displays a link to the in the form of "Month, YYYY (X)" where X is the number of posts that month, and displays them in a block. The links lead to a simple list of posts for that month.
Views can do a lot more than that, but those are some of the obvious uses of Views.
Views for Drupal 8
Views is in Drupal 8 Core!
Recommended versions of Views!
For new installs of Drupal 6, we recommend the 6.x-3.x branch. We have not changed the recommended version you see below, because there is an upgrade bug in 6.x-2.x that causes upgraded views to break. We don't want anyone getting a surprise breakage of their site.
The 6.x-2.x branch of Views is in critical/security maintenance mode only. If we can fix the upgrade issue, that will absolutely be fixed and the branch will officially be deprecated at that point. Support efforts will be concentrated on the 3.x branch.
The Drupal 7 version of Views requires the Chaos Tool Suite also known as CTools.
Views' bug squad
The Views' bug squad is a group of people who have dedicated a few hours a week to help provide support and fix bugs in the issue queue. They are the first line for answering questions and properly filing issues. Anyone who wishes to join the Bug Squad to help others may do so to help contribute to the Drupal community!
- Views 1
- Views 2 (This link goes to the Advanced Help project page. All Views documentation is included with its installation. For your convenience, you may also visit http://views-help.doc.logrus.com. This site may or may not be fully up to date at any given time.)
- Views 3 API (Generated from Views 3 source. Only useful to developers.)
- Views 3 documentation hasn't been updated completely yet. Items of note are:
- This project is sponsored by IO1. We provide specialist consulting services in Enterprise Drupal, Views & Panels, Visit us at www.io1.biz or Contact us.
- Our book, Drupal's Building Blocks is now available. Buy it on Amazon.com.
- Maintenance status: Seeking co-maintainer(s)
- Development status: Under active development
- Reported installs: 890,973 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 8,649,141
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: February 27, 2016
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.