Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
The VerticalResponse module allows users to sign-up or subscribe to a VerticalResponse mailing list from a drupal node. The module also allows administrators to generate VerticalResponse e-mail newsletter campaigns using Drupal and the Basic E-news module.
VerticalResponse is promoting a new version of their API, VR2. This module is only compatible with VR Classic API. At the moment there are no plans to update the module for VR2, but maintainers welcome anyone who wants to maintain a new branch.
- Administrators can associate any single node with any number of VerticalResponse mailing lists.
- The VerticalResponse module now includes a "campaign manager," which allows administrators to create and launch VerticalResponse e-mail campaigns from within Drupal.
- Administrators can allow users to subscribe to mailing lists during the registration process.
- Allows admins to map user properties to merge fields using a view.
- Administrators can segment lists in Drupal.
- The VR module depends on the VerticalResponse Classic API, so it must be enabled for your account. If you have a VR2 account, you will have to contact VR support to disable it and create a Classic account.
- If you already have a VR account you should fill out this form to request API access for your account.
- If you do not already have a VerticalResponse account, you can sign up for an API-enabled account here.
- Download and install VerticalResponse module (see: Installing contributed modules).
- [optional but highly recommended]: Download and install Basic E-news and follow the setup instructions.
- Configure VerticalResponse module at http://example.com/admin/settings/vr
Allow users to opt-in to a VerticalResponse mailing list.
- Create a content type with which you want to describe your mailing list, or select a content type that already exists.
- Edit the content type selected in the previous step, and add a "VerticalResponse" field using CCK.
- Set the number of fields to allow users to sign up for more than one list at a time.
- Create a node of the selected content type, and select which list/lists you would like to enable for signup.
Allow users to opt-in to VerticalResponse mailing lists during user registration
- Enable the included "VerticalResponse User Registration" module
- Configure "VerticalResponse User Registration" module at http://example.com/admin/settings/vr/vr_register.
Create and Launch a VerticalResponse e-mail newsletter campaign.
- Download and install the Basic E-news module.
- Create a newsletter content type
- Enable the included "VerticalResponse Campaign Manager" module.
- Configure the "VerticalResponse Campaign Manager" module at: http://example.com/admin/settings/vr.
- Create a "newsletter" node using the node type from step 2.
- Click the "Newsletter" tab for VerticalResponse Campaign options.
There is a silent and brief screencast that demonstates some of the VerticalResponse module's features.
VerticalResponse module development is sponsored by Message Agency.
- Maintenance status: Seeking co-maintainer(s)
- Development status: Maintenance fixes only
- Module categories: Mail, Third-party Integration
- Reported installs: 38 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 4,375
- Last modified: April 6, 2015
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.