Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
I had some minor problems getting wkhtmltopdf running that might stump some people, so here are my instructions on getting it running on Ubuntu 10.04. These instructions perhaps should be added to INSTRUCTIONS.txt
1. Download wkhtmltopdf.
2. Extract it and move it to
3. Rename it to wkhtmltopdf so that now you have an executable at
4. Set permissions:
sudo chmod a+x /usr/bin/wkhtmltopdf
4. Install required support packages.
sudo apt-get install openssl build-essential xorg libssl-dev
5. Check to see if it works: run
wkhtmltopdf http://www.google.com test.pdf. If it works, then you are done -- make sure to make a symbolic link as per INSTRUCTIONS.txt. If you get the error "Cannot connect to X server" then continue to number 6.
6. We need to run it headless on a 'virtual' x server. We will do this with a package called xvfb.
sudo apt-get install xvfb
7. We need to write a little shell script to wrap wkhtmltopdf in xvfb. Make a file called
wkhtmltopdf.sh and add the following:
xvfb-run -a -s "-screen 0 640x480x16" wkhtmltopdf $*
8. Move this shell script to
/usr/bin, and set permissions:
sudo chmod a+x /usr/bin/wkhtmltopdf.sh
9. Finally, make your symbolic link in
/sites/all/modules/print/lib. Command is
ln -s /usr/bin/wkhtmltopdf.sh wkhtmltopdf