Posted by dvessel on
Last updated: December 24, 2010 - 23:08
View change notices for this release
This release introduces Canvas, a sub-theme created by Allison Simmons (aleighs).
Hexagon base had the following changes:
- Restructured so Hexagon is contained in its own directory. Placing sub-themes within a base theme can cause problems with file discovery including Drupal core's template discovery.
- Better separation of theme caches.
- File scanning patterns can now be defined with specific groups and the search scope can be confined to themes or plug-ins.
- Theme functions can have variable preprocess functions. This would be limited to Drupal 7 themes but Hexagon works around this and works perfectly in 6. See the examples in the starter theme.
- More separation for theming hooks. Theme functions can now be contained in it's own file for any given hook and only included when the hook is called. Examples in the starter theme.
- Support for theme hook patterns.
Official release from tag: