- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2010-006
- Project: Bibliography (third-party module)
- Version: 5.x, 6.x
- Date: 2010-January-13
- Security risk: Moderately Critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting
The Bibliography module enables users to manage and display lists of scholarly publications. The module does not sanitize some of the user-supplied data before displaying it, leading to a Cross Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability. Only users with the 'administer biblio' permission are able to exploit this vulnerability.
- Bibliography module 5.x-1.17 and prior versions
- Bibliography module 6.x-1.9 and prior versions
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Bibliography module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use Bibliography for Drupal 5.x upgrade to Bibliography 5.x-1.18
- If you use Bibliography for Drupal 6.x upgrade to Bibliography 6.x-1.10
See also the Bibliography project page.
- grendzy of the Drupal Security Team.
Ron Jerome, the Bibliography project maintainer.
The security team for Drupal can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the form at http://drupal.org/contact.