Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2009-079
- Project: vCard module (third-party module)
- Version: 6.x, 5.x
- Date: 2009-October-21
- Security risk: Less critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting
The vCard module adds a vCard download link to every user's profile. This link makes it easy to add users from a Drupal site to a local address book. When the theme_vcard() function is added to a theme and default content from the vCard module is output, the site will be vulnerable to Cross Site Scripting attack (XSS) vulnerability. Such an attack may lead to a malicious user gaining full administrative access.
- vCard module versions 6.x prior to 6.x-1.3
- vCard module versions 5.x prior to 5.x-1.4
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed vCard module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the vCard module for Drupal 6.x upgrade to vCard module 6.x-1.3
- If you use the vCard module for Drupal 5.x upgrade to vCard module 5.x-1.4
See also the vCard module project page.
sanduhrs, the module maintainer.
The security team for Drupal can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the form at http://drupal.org/contact.