Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
- (Heavily) Clean up and simplify Link module and move it into core.
Link module's code was pretty clean under @quicksketch's command. However, maintainers seem to have switched (multiple times?) recently, introducing some not-so-clean code, and the module was never really upgraded/refactored for D7:
- Remove support code for Migrate and Devel.
- Remove support code for Views (might be re-introduced later).
- Massively clean up and refactor the code to follow coding patterns of field type modules in core.
- Improve the UI/UX. (mainly administrative)
- TBD: Remove advanced features.
Along with text, numbers, dates and images, URLs are one of the basic data types on the web. The link module does most of what we need (maybe even a little too much). Some of its helper functions for parsing and completing URL's could be consolidated into core include files so that other modules (filter.module?) could also use them.