Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
Hi guys im the new co-mantainer of Service Links module and i'll be happy to share my plain for improve the general features with you all.
For now im working in 5.x branch and i already made in my local copy some change (added twitter service and the option for open in new window), but i think can be more useful a new approach for manage the project:
- add the new service must be really easy and fast, so i tought to create a service_links.inc file that contain the associative array of all services and their attributes (url, text, internal name, image name), maybe some of them can be derivate from the others (the image name can be the same of internal name + png extension) and settings hook modify will be automatic too (after some fix);
- the theme api for build the link must be open to the new attributes (b.e. for introduce a class name);
- the render must allow also a supplementary theme way (http://drupal.org/node/265391);
- integration with Share module, through the patch (i hope it will be soon upgraded to 6.x branch);
- add the service image too in the settings page.
These are just few idea's i had, any comment is welcome :))