Drupal 11 will be released in the week of July 29th, so it’s high time to make sure this module is ready.

CommentFileSizeAuthor
#2 search_api_d11-3425235.patch6.63 KBsarwan_verma

Issue fork search_api-3425235

Command icon Show commands

Start within a Git clone of the project using the version control instructions.

Or, if you do not have SSH keys set up on git.drupalcode.org:

Comments

drunken monkey created an issue. See original summary.

sarwan_verma’s picture

Status: Active » Needs review
StatusFileSize
new6.63 KB

Hi @drunken monkey,
I have fixed this issue "Make module compatible with Drupal 11" and also attached patch,
please review and verify .

drunken monkey’s picture

Fixed the invalid code in SearchApiBulkForm and created an MR to test the changes.
However, we first need all dependencies to declare Drupal 11 compatibility before we can properly test this.

drunken monkey’s picture

OK, thinking about this a bit more, this is a bit of a chicken/egg situation, where we also cannot test dependencies against Drupal 11 until this module is compatible. So, I guess we’ll have to just go ahead and hope for the best, and fix any test errors/bugs that might show up once it’s possible to run the test suite against Drupal 11.

drunken monkey’s picture

Status: Needs review » Postponed

Merged this, but keeping it open so I remember to activate testing against Drupal 11 once that is available (i.e., all test dependencies support it as well).
Thanks again!

  • drunken monkey committed 46a06d49 on 8.x-1.x
    Issue #3425235 by drunken monkey, sarwan_verma: Fixed incompatibility...
drunken monkey’s picture

Status: Postponed » Fixed

Edit: Wrong issue.

drunken monkey’s picture

Status: Fixed » Postponed

Reverting accidental change from before.

drunken monkey’s picture

drunken monkey’s picture

Title: Make module compatible with Drupal 11 » Make the Search API module compatible with Drupal 11
Status: Postponed » Needs review

I now just committed that issue myself and triggered a pipeline with Drupal 11 testing. Unfortunately, it showed that there is currently a fatal error, as Core added return type hints to the __sleep() and __wakeup() methods of

I created an MR that will hopefully fix this. Unfortunately, it will break all classes that override those methods (i.e., some of the modules providing backend plugins) even with Drupal 10, so this will probably not go in right away. First, as many of the sub classes should be fixed as possible.

I’ve deactivated weekly testing against D11 again for now.

drunken monkey’s picture

Huh, seems the Action module was removed in D11 (#3432134: Remove Action UI module) and some of our tests depend on that. So, another thing to fix …

drunken monkey’s picture

Status: Needs review » Needs work

Wow, seems there’s still a lot to do …

Fortunately for us, it seems like Drupal 11 won’t be coming out in July after all, so we still have quite a bit of time left.

My question now would be whether we should keep the core_version_requirement: ^10.1 || ^11 line in our .info.yml file? Reverting that to just ^10.1 after we had already declared ^11 in several stable releases seems risky, but on the other hand declaring compatibility while there are still fatal errors when doing almost anything with the module is also highly misleading. And since that is the case, it doesn’t seem likely anyone would have been using this module with Drupal 11 anyways, so we wouldn’t be breaking anything by reverting the Drupal core version requirement.

In any case, I now added a note about this to the 1.34 release notes.

jcnventura’s picture

Please note that Drupal 11 is still very much on track to be released on July 29th: https://www.drupal.org/about/core/blog/drupal-1100-alpha-1-will-be-relea...

Decisions will be made by the end of this week.

If you remove the ^11 restriction, what composer will do is install the versions that did allow that. So people will actually get older code. Maybe a lesson learned to not add D11 support before D11 can actually be tested..

jcnventura’s picture

Issue summary: View changes

It's been confirmed that Drupal 11 will most likely be released in the week of July 29th.

The current MR doesn't apply anymore. I've rebased the MR against the latest state of 8.x-1.x-dev and fixed the merge conflicts.

  • drunken monkey committed 4afe3df7 on 8.x-1.x
    Issue #3425235 by drunken monkey, jcnventura, sarwan_verma: Fixed...
drunken monkey’s picture

Status: Needs work » Fixed

Pipeline is green, so to not hold this up further (especially since we’re already advertising that the module supports Drupal 11) I merged the MR right away. In case other problems pop up we can always open a new issue for those.
Anyways, thanks again everyone for your help!

Status: Fixed » Closed (fixed)

Automatically closed - issue fixed for 2 weeks with no activity.

kaszarobert’s picture

It fixed the problem on Drupal 11 alright, how about a release with a fix?