Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
This patch (which isn't really a patch, because it adds a new service and lots of Views2 integration) is an alternate, more-fully-featured interface to Views2.
It adds five new options as Views style plugins:
- A "Services Feed" display type (just like "Page" or "Feed")
- 2) A "Services" style type
- 3) Three row style plugins:
- Services Raw - Returning raw DB fields
- Services Fields - Returning styled fields
- Services Nodes - Looking for a 'nid' row and doing a services_node_load() on each row.
The new views2.get service works just like view.get, except that it accept an alternate optional display_id parameter. If you do not specify display_id, it will try to find the first "Services Feed" display attached to the view.
This code still needs more testing and error checking, as well as support for things like the fields argument, but I think it'll be a nicer way to work with Views2 going forward.
The new service returning results from a view built with the Services Fields row style plugin.
Let me know what you think!