Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
I need to create a business directory:
- each business has category and a subcategory, I plan to use taxonomy here.
- each business has logo, address, phone, web, email, I plan to use CCK to create business content type with the necessary fields.
But I am stumped on how to do my display part:
- I need to support browsing business alphabetically under all or in a category, then have dropdown box to limit within a subcategory
- On the directory page, show logo, address etc like this:
[Logo] ABC Business 123 Elm Street Springfield, OH 123456 Tel: 123-456-7890 Fax: 123-456-7890 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: www.abcxyz.com [detail link] [direction link]
- click on [detail link] pop up a box showing detail info about the business
- click on direction link show a google map, I would like to stay within my site and not go to google (possible?)
If I use view, can I do my own formating for each record?
- quick jumps A to Z to directly jump to first character of the business
- search business by name or some field in the listing
Any suggestion on how to go about doing the display part?
Also, I need to implement a "Register a business" web form where user can enter their business info. This is forwarded to the admin for approval, once approve, the info goes into the listing.
Thank you for your help.