Closed (fixed)
Project:
Image Effects
Version:
8.x-3.x-dev
Component:
Code
Priority:
Normal
Category:
Task
Assigned:
Unassigned
Issue tags:
Reporter:
Created:
23 Mar 2019 at 17:18 UTC
Updated:
7 Oct 2019 at 13:54 UTC
Jump to comment: Most recent, Most recent file
Comments
Comment #2
sergiu stici commentedI created the patch, please review.
Comment #4
sergiu stici commentedComment #5
mondrakeThank you very much @Sergiu Stici for starting this.
This will have to wait a bit until a new branch is opened. At the moment getting this in would mean to increase the minumum Drupal version required to 8.7, which I am not keen at the moment.
In the meatime, a review:
One conversion is left out.
The location of the file needs to be moved accordingly.
Maybe we can use
assertNotEmptyhere.Comment #6
mondrakeRunning test with this patch applied on TravisCI https://travis-ci.org/mondrake/image_effects/jobs/516245179 yields more deprecations still to be addressed.
Comment #9
mondrakeComment #10
joelpittetTagging for DrupalCon Seattle Friday sprint.
Comment #11
mondrakeNow, if you change all the occurrences of
suppress-deprecations: trueto
falsein the drupalci.yml file, you will get deprecation testing for the parch.Comment #12
mondrakeComment #14
mondrakeLooks like in deprecation testing we also get dependency module's deprecated uses :(
Here increasing Imagemagick's module minimum version to 3.x
Comment #16
mondrakeComment #18
mondrakefile_unmanaged_* deprecated methods replaced by FileSystemInterface methods
Comment #20
berdirfile unmanaged deprecations are 8.7+, deprecations must be tested against 8.6, not 8.8.
Comment #21
mondrake#20 yes, this is working ahead :)
Changing ConfigurablePluginInterface to ConfigurableInterface.
Comment #23
mondrakeAdded drupal/jquery_colorpicker to composer.json require-dev.
Removed leftover Unicode methods.
Comment #24
mondrakeComment #26
berdir> #20 yes, this is working ahead :)
Sorry, I actually didn't realize that I wasn't commenting in my own project, gmail likes to merge notifications for issues with the same title into threads and then I thought this was token.module ;)
That said, note that by including 8.7 changes, you will not be able to commit this for another 6 month, including the changes that would be perfectly fine to commit now. And it is pretty likely that you'll receive duplicate issues/patches about it until then. IMHO its better to either ignore 8.7 or do separate patches.
Comment #27
mondrakeThanks @Berdir
Fine, I am not sure that we will need to have any release of this module in that timeframe anyway, based on current issue log.
So my suggestion is to just ... wait, and reroll this patch as thing move along. If there are critical issues leading to a new release in this timeframe, then we may consider to commit parts of this. Otherwise, the module does not really need to get the deprecated methods converted ATM. Also, additional complexity is that I made a lot of deprecations in the Imagemagick module 8.x-2.x that will pop up here, and I am considering to postpone its 3.0 release to 2020 - for the same reasons: 2.x works well along multiple Drupal releases.
Removed the long output list form the IS and added here as a file.
Comment #28
waverate commented@mondrake. Are you suggesting that 8.x-2.x will not be supported in D9? The 8.x-3.x branch will be the way to go?
Comment #29
mondrake@waverate
Of the Imagemagick module? Yes. Imagemagick 8.x-3.x branch is already on par with core deprecations up to D8.7, and also removes all of the deprecations of the IM 8.x-2.x branch.
Comment #30
waverate commented@mondrake. Sorry my mistake. I misread and thought you were talking about image_effects-8.x-2.x not being supported in D9.
Comment #31
mondrake#30: we will likely need a new branch for Image Effects, too, that will work with D8.8, D8.9 and D9+.
If we go for that then we could still backport issues to Image Effects 8.x-2.x that could run on D8.7 and less.
If we start removing deprecated code from Image Effects 8.x-2.x NOW, then it becomes impossible to have new releases of 8.x-2.x that work on earlier D8 versions.
We have options and approx 6-8 months to take a decision ATM.
Comment #32
mondrakeRerolled and removed 1.x->2.x update path and test
Comment #34
mondrakeComment #35
mondrakeComment #36
mondrakeReroll.
Comment #38
mondrakeMore deprecations
Comment #40
mondrakeComment #42
mondrakeComment #44
mondrakeComment #46
mondrakeComment #48
mondrakeComment #50
mondrakeCommitted to 8.x-3.x. Thank you!