Note: This is issue is part ofand is only meant for planning and governance sign-offs. Work will happen in child issues of this plan.
The idea of this phase it to implement and use our great revision API for all content entities in core, except users. This will provide a necessary foundation for any moderation, workflow and staging capability. No new features or functionality is being added to the Entity API in this phase.
The issues below needs to happen somewhat sequentially:
These additional issues should happen by the end of phase A:
- and related -- we should start this discussion, but it is definitely not expected to complete it for this phase.
These issues will not be blockers, but could be good issues for sprints or contributors wishing to assist with the initiative.
A product manager needs to sign-off on this plan because the revisioning user experience is not as polished as the non-revisioned user experience, so the planned work significantly affects the out-of-the-box experience of the product.
A framework manager needs to sign-off on this plan as the above phases introduces a small, but very significant, API addition (parent revisions).
A release manager needs to sign off because the scope and impact of the work are significant for core, and because existing issues with revisions may impact the stability and technical debt of the developmental minor version.
The sub-system maintainers for the Entity API needs to sign-off on this plan as it significantly impacts the Entity API.
- Product manager - Pending completion of the issues listed above
- Framework manager - Pending specific implementation in phase A; not yet given for phase B
- Release manager - Pending completion of the issues listed above
- Sub-system maintainers - pending