(name of function/class::method that calls it) calls SafeMarkup::set() which is meant to be for internal use only.
- Remove the call by refactoring the code.
- If refactoring is not possible, thoroughly document where the string is coming from and why it is safe, and why SafeMarkup::set() is required.
Use of the functionality itself was removed inand is now dead code, so it can be removed.
- Evaluate whether the string can be refactored to one of the formats outlined in this change record: https://www.drupal.org/node/2311123
- Identify whether there is existing automated test coverage for the sanitization of the string. If there is, list the test in the issue summary. If there isn't, add an automated test for it.
- If the string cannot be refactored, the SafeMarkup::set() usage needs to be thoroughly audited and documented.
Manual testing steps (for XSS and double escaping)
Do these steps both with HEAD and with the patch applied:
- Clean install of Drupal 8.
- Compare the output above in HEAD and with the patch applied. Confirm that there is no double-escaping.
- If there is any user or calling code input in the string, submit
and ensure that it is sanitized.
User interface changes
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [PHP 5.4 MySQL] 96,845 pass(es). View
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [PHP 5.4 MySQL] 96,442 pass(es). View