This is necessary to resolve #2345725: Query parameters are not decoded the same as the path portion of a URL, hence critical.

If for some reason we reach a release candidate prior to 2.6 being tagged (haha), then we'll need to apply the patch from #2345725: Query parameters are not decoded the same as the path portion of a URL.

CommentFileSizeAuthor
#7 2366043-7.patch1.16 MBdawehner
#7 interdiff.txt938 bytesdawehner
#5 2366043-5.patch1.16 MBdawehner

Comments

dawehner’s picture

Adding a related issue

dawehner’s picture

Status: Active » Postponed

Symfony 2.6 is not yet out.

wim leers’s picture

Heh :) Who says Drupal moves slowly? :)

rcross’s picture

should we be planning on upgrading to symfony 2.7 considering that is the next expected LTS release? http://symfony.com/roadmap (May 2015)

dawehner’s picture

Status: Postponed » Needs review
StatusFileSize
new1.16 MB

@rcross
Yeah we have to go to 2.7 anyway, but yeah 2.6 for now is enough.

I'll post a patch to see whether we break anything here.

Status: Needs review » Needs work

The last submitted patch, 5: 2366043-5.patch, failed testing.

dawehner’s picture

Status: Needs work » Needs review
StatusFileSize
new938 bytes
new1.16 MB

Ha, we need to adapt our compiled routes.

rcross’s picture

+++ b/composer.json
@@ -6,16 +6,17 @@
+    "symfony/debug": "2.6.0-beta1",

Not sure why we need to explicitly add the symfony/debug dependency.

Also, this seems to remove quite a few things which I'm unsure if they are used - symfony/process and looks like some of the validation

hussainweb’s picture

It seems 2.6 will be released in November. I think we should be good to go with this. I just wonder if it will get in considering the new commit policy.

mile23’s picture

+++ b/composer.json
@@ -6,16 +6,17 @@
+    "symfony/http-kernel": "2.6.0-beta1",

Composer updates and unit tests pass with "2.6.*@beta", which is a little more semantically correct.

But yah, how soon will Symfony flip the switch on 2.6 or 2.7?

Also: #2375997: Avoid tying Drupal 8's composer.json to specific package commits.

dawehner’s picture

Well, Using any kind of beta for now is fine for me. I just decided to come up with the most simplest solution.

http://symfony.com/doc/current/contributing/community/releases.html describes exactly when symfony 2.7 will be released.

mile23’s picture

#2375997: Avoid tying Drupal 8's composer.json to specific package commits. makes it so we can do composer update now, for current needs, without having to decide which version of Symfony to use.

tstoeckler’s picture

Status: Needs review » Reviewed & tested by the community

Yeah, #10 is a nice trick, I hadn't thought of that. I don't think it really matters. What does matter is that we start using this and perhaps find the one or the other bug that we can fix before they go stable.

Let's do this.

catch’s picture

@dawehner is https://www.drupal.org/files/issues/interdiff_8011.txt the only change outside of composer.json?

@hussainweb library updates are encouraged right up until 8.0.0, see:

#2350615: [policy, no patch] What changes can be accepted during the Drupal 8 beta phase?

What changes are "prioritized" (2)? (#)

The following kinds changes are prioritized because they improve Drupal 8's stability or move Drupal 8 closer to a releasable state:

bug fixes
external PHP and asset library updates

Agreed with getting on the beta now especially since there's a green patch.

dawehner’s picture

@dawehner is https://www.drupal.org/files/issues/interdiff_8011.txt the only change outside of composer.json?

Yes, it is the only thing.

Agreed with getting on the beta now especially since there's a green patch.

Note: This does not only solve #2345725: Query parameters are not decoded the same as the path portion of a URL but also #1964922: When building a route, store the regexp at the same time.

wim leers’s picture

If it fixes #1964922: When building a route, store the regexp, it'd be interesting to see profiling numbers, I think? :)

dawehner’s picture

If it fixes #1964922: When building a route, store the regexp, it'd be interesting to see profiling numbers, I think? :)

Feel free to do it :)

dawehner’s picture

composer update symfony/class-loader symfony/css-selector symfony/dependency-injection  symfony/event-dispatcher symfony/http-foundation symfony/http-kernel symfony/routing symfony/serializer symfony/validator symfony/yaml
Loading composer repositories with package information
Updating dependencies (including require-dev)
Your requirements could not be resolved to an installable set of packages.

  Problem 1
    - Installation request for symfony/http-kernel 2.6.0-beta1 -> satisfiable by symfony/http-kernel[v2.6.0-BETA1].
    - symfony/http-kernel v2.6.0-BETA1 requires symfony/debug ~2.6 -> no matching package found.
  Problem 2
    - symfony-cmf/routing 1.3.0 requires symfony/http-kernel ~2.2 -> satisfiable by symfony/http-kernel[v2.6.0-BETA1].
    - symfony-cmf/routing 1.3.0 requires symfony/http-kernel ~2.2 -> satisfiable by symfony/http-kernel[v2.6.0-BETA1].
    - symfony/http-kernel v2.6.0-BETA1 requires symfony/debug ~2.6 -> no matching package found.
    - Installation request for symfony-cmf/routing 1.3.* -> satisfiable by symfony-cmf/routing[1.3.0].

Potential causes:
 - A typo in the package name
 - The package is not available in a stable-enough version according to your minimum-stability setting
   see <https://groups.google.com/d/topic/composer-dev/_g3ASeIFlrc/discussion> for more details.

Read <http://getcomposer.org/doc/articles/troubleshooting.md> for further common problems.
catch’s picture

Status: Reviewed & tested by the community » Fixed

OK I opened #2377281: Upgrade to Symfony 2.6 stable and left a note in there to check out the symfony/debug dependency. This is important to flush out any issues early so committed/pushed to 8.0.x, thanks!

Committed/pushed to 8.0.x, thanks!

amateescu’s picture

Title: Upgrade to Symfony 2.6 » Upgrade to Symfony 2.6.0-beta1

I think the title should reflect the actual version we're upgrading to.

  • catch committed 3b945fe on 8.0.x
    Issue #2366043 by dawehner: Upgrade to Symfony 2.6
    
cilefen’s picture

The commit message is not accurate as per #20.

Status: Fixed » Closed (fixed)

Automatically closed - issue fixed for 2 weeks with no activity.