Forum provides default configuration and content including fields, a node-type, a vocabulary and a taxonomy term.
Until now we were unsure about what should happen to that when you uninstall forum.
We've settled on what should happen is:
- For correct dependency management, and to unblock , all of the forum module's supplied configuration should be removed when the module is uninstalled. This means its vocabulary, its node type, and its field.
- The taxonomy field should have a dependency on the taxonomy vocabulary, ensuring that the field data must be purged first, then the field deleted, then the vocabulary deleted. If the field data has not been purged, then the module cannot be uninstalled.
- If other config entities have added the taxonomy field, they too are subject to the same rules.
- Forum nodes must be deleted before the module is uninstalled (same as #2).
- Forum taxonomy terms must be removed before the vocabulary can be deleted (same as #2 - as the 'forum_container' field will dictate this too).
- Configuration entities can have enforced dependencies. This means that we can ensure that node.type.forum will be removed when the forum module is uninstalled. We've implemented a generic solution so that all configuration entities can do this.
User interface changes
Can't uninstall forum whilst content exists.
Original report by @beejeebus
over in, we decided on the rules for what should happen when a module is uninstalled.
this patch should make forum behave that way - only remove configuration entities during uninstall if there is a dependency issue.
geez i wish pings worked, oh hai larowlan.
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [PHP 5.4 MySQL] 79,499 pass(es). View
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [PHP 5.4 MySQL] 79,526 pass(es). View
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [PHP 5.4 MySQL] 79,508 pass(es). View