I've ported this module to drupal 6. Patch is attached.

I will add a way to select input formats for comments now. Those patches will take my patched drupal 6 code as a base.

PS: I was forced to select a version but 5.x-1.x-dev is not correct. Please add drupal-6.rc4 or similar and reassing this issue.

Comments

milianw’s picture

FileSize
5.84 KB

Updated patch

milianw’s picture

FileSize
5.92 KB

and yet another updated patch which solves a problem I encountered

will_in_wi’s picture

This is really important for me to switch to D6. Unless someone can give me a better way to use filtered html for forums and raw html for everything else in the same user role. Is this module maintained anymore?

Crell’s picture

It is, but I only use it on one site so I am not paying close attention to it. I will need it for D6 myself, though, so it will happen. I just need to clear some time to review this patch. :-) Please stand by.

milianw’s picture

will_in_wi: It would be great if you could at least test my patch to see wether it works for you or not.

Crell’s picture

And if it does, mark this issue RTBC. :-) Thanks.

will_in_wi’s picture

Status: Needs review » Reviewed & tested by the community

Works for me. Even under windows.

will_in_wi’s picture

Is this module maintained? I think a good option at this point would be to apply the patch and push out a 6.x-dev release.

milianw’s picture

I can only second will_in_wi's request: Just today I was contacted via email by someone who wanted to use this module on a Drupal 6 installation but couldn't get it working. Since my patches are based upon a CVS checkout it should be pretty easy to incorporate them. If there is any problem please notify me.

For future references I've updated the patch so this module now also adheres to Drupal coding standards according to the Coder module.

I'm additionally attaching the current patch and a tarball of the version I successfully use in production use on my personal website.

Happy testing!

chiddicks’s picture

Thanks! We're going to be using and testing this for the next little while on a soon-to-be production site. Everything looks good for now.

momper’s picture

Title: drupal 6 support » drupal 6 support for Filter by node type
arhak’s picture

when will this patch be commited?

zoo33’s picture

Status: Reviewed & tested by the community » Needs work

There's an error on line 72 of your patched version (haven't checked if this is in the original version):

<?php $form['body_field']['format']['collapsed'] = 0;?>

['collapsed'] should be ['#collapsed']! Drupal dies on certain node edits otherwise.

AlexisWilke’s picture

zoo33,

I ran in the same problem! The edit would just fail until I applied your fix.

Thank you!
Alexis Wilke

Babalu’s picture

subscribing

capellic’s picture

Thanks for the port!

jcwatson11’s picture

This works for me too with the fix from #13. How can we get this moved to an official drupal 6.x release of this module? Is the module maintainer the only one who can do that? Or can we assign someone else to the task to get it done?

arhak’s picture

would be nice if someone takes over a 6.x branch
this seems to be a "must have" module

erik.summerfield’s picture

would love to see this patch in the official

gausarts’s picture

subscribing. thanks

Crell’s picture

The patch in #9 fails horribly for me when run against the 5.x branch (which is the most up to date version, as I don't use HEAD). From visual inspection it looks like the changes are drastic, too, so I don't know that I'll be able to fix it up.

Crell’s picture

Status: Needs work » Fixed

I've gone ahead and updated the alter hook directly. It's much simpler than #9 above; I don't really know what half of that code was doing. I've branched a Drupal 6 version.

While I was at it, I got rid of the separate admin form and moved the configuration to each node type's page. That should be much cleaner, and makes the code considerably shorter, too. (It's only 3 functions!) Tarballs should appear shortly.

Anonymous’s picture

Status: Fixed » Closed (fixed)

Automatically closed -- issue fixed for two weeks with no activity.