Updated: Comment #8
The breakpoint module was the first implementer of config entities. There are numerous issues:
- Its current implementation does not work it a way that is compatible with config deployment
- Breakpoints are not configurable (there is no UI)
- Currently if you install the standard profile the bartik breakpoints and breakpoint groups are not even created - no one has noticed
- Lack of work on
- Picture is the only module that makes extensive use of breakpoint and is not enabled in the standard profile by default. Browsers providers and HTML standards are get to coalesce on a solution.
- If you create a picture mapping the current UI is very confusing because the toolbar's breakpoint group's breakpoints are listed
- Picture is not part of the standard profile - should this be in core?
- Remove breakpoint module from 8.x core and move to contrib
- Remove picture module from 8.x core and move to contrib
- Make toolbar module add its own media queries
- Remove breakpoint config from Bartik, Seven, and Stark
This major because if we don't do this we have a lot of work to modernise these modules. Contrib will be a great place to explore this functionality.
User interface changes
Removal of the picture module's UI.
Removal of the breakpoint module's API.
Issues that will be impacted
We are working to improve Breakpoint in the following issues