- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2013-041
- Project: Chaos tool suite (ctools) (third-party module)
- Version: 7.x
- Date: 2013-April-03
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Access bypass
This CTools module provides a set of APIs and tools to improve the developer experience.
The module doesn't sufficiently enforce node access when providing an autocomplete list of suggested node titles, allowing users with the "access content" permission to see the titles of nodes which they should not be able to view.
CVE identifier(s) issued
- Chaos tool suite (ctools) 7.x-1.x versions prior to 7.x-1.3.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Chaos tool suite (ctools) module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Ctools module for Drupal 7.x, upgrade to Ctools 7.x-1.3
Also see the Chaos tool suite (ctools) project page.
- Lee Rowlands of the Drupal Security Team
- Greg Knaddison of the Drupal Security Team
- Ben Jeavons of the Drupal Security Team
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.