This behaviour, mostly implemented by mobile devices, is intrusive when typing a username, which can often be uncapitalized and absent from dictionaries.

Maybe there are other forms in the core where we can disable this behaviour?

Here's an example of this implementation: http://davidwalsh.name/disable-autocorrect

Screen Shot 2013-03-28 at 11.30.03.png

Files: 
CommentFileSizeAuthor
#4 1955282-user-account-form-auto-2.patch2.13 KBLewisNyman
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 55,538 pass(es).
[ View ]
#4 interdiff.txt592 bytesLewisNyman
#1 1955282-user-account-form-auto-1.patch1.58 KBLewisNyman
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 56,234 pass(es).
[ View ]
Screen Shot 2013-03-28 at 11.30.03.png71.63 KBLewisNyman

Comments

LewisNyman’s picture

Status:Active» Needs review
Issue tags:+accessibility
StatusFileSize
new1.58 KB
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 56,234 pass(es).
[ View ]

Here's a patch, I also added these attributes to the account creation forms.

mgifford’s picture

Issue tags:+d8ux

I'm still getting this when I go to E-mail myself a new password. But other than the password reset, it seems to work fine. I just applied this on SimplyTest.me and then navigated there with my iPhone. It's long enough though that folks trying this should consider using a URL shortener.

I do think this is an easy usability improvement.

mgifford’s picture

LewisNyman’s picture

Issue tags:+Usability
StatusFileSize
new592 bytes
new2.13 KB
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 55,538 pass(es).
[ View ]

I've added these attributes to the request password form.

mcjim’s picture

It looks like there are a couple more (but not as important) forms: searching for '#title' => t('Username'), brings up node_assign_owner_action_form() in node.module and getSettingsForm() in FileTransfer.php. Perhaps deal with these in a different issue(s)? Didn't find any other forms searching for USERNAME_MAX_LENGTH.

Otherwise, this looks good: tested on the iOS Simulator and works as expected, with the autocapitalize and autocorrect off. Can probably fire up an Android emulator if anyone thinks that necessary.

mgifford’s picture

Status:Needs review» Reviewed & tested by the community

Tested on my iPhone & an Opera Mobile emulator. Both look act as expected.

Dries’s picture

Status:Reviewed & tested by the community» Fixed

Committed to 8.x.

xjm’s picture

Status:Fixed» Reviewed & tested by the community

This appears to not have been pushed.

alexpott’s picture

Wasn't pushed... committed ba5c2c4 and pushed to 8.x. Thanks!

amateescu’s picture

Status:Reviewed & tested by the community» Fixed

Automatically closed -- issue fixed for 2 weeks with no activity.

Anonymous’s picture

Issue summary:View changes

Added example