Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2013-010
- Project: Search API sorts (third-party module)
- Version: 7.x
- Date: 2013-January-23
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting
This module enables you to sort by Search API facets.
The module doesn't sufficiently filter user entered text in field labels.
This vulnerability is mitigated by the fact that an attacker must have a role with the ability to modify field labels such as "administer taxonomy".
CVE identifier(s) issued
- Search API Sorts 7.x-1.x versions prior to 7.x-1.4.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Search API sorts module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Search API Sorts module for Drupal 7.x, upgrade to Search API Sorts 7.x-1.4
Also see the Search API sorts project page.
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.