Too many theme functions and theme templates that duplicate the same resulting markup structure.
- Consolidate theme functions and templates into single implementations
- Leverage theme hook suggestions to allow targeted theme/template overrides and variable preprocessing.
Go through the list and identify similar things and group them together.See Twig conversion/refactoring/clean-up issues
- Find existing issues or create a new to consolidate groups of similar theme functions, using theme suggestions and preprocess to handle minor differences (or just skipping the differences if they're superfluous).
- List of all theme functions and templates
"unusable" means the function is located in a file that is not registered to hook_theme; "unclear" means that it is not clear where the theme function/template is located. (see #3.1)
- Related: Twig conversion/refactoring/clean-up issues
- Related: all theme functions and their status of conversion into Twig
Not actually blockers for consolidating theme functions and templates, but without resolving these issues, modules and themes will not be able to easily target/override a specialized theme hook, which means a critical regression compared to D7:
Issues Pt 1 (theme functions that are grouped together)
Issues Pt 2 (other theme functions that need attention)
User interface changes
- will replace administrative listing functions for Configurables.