- Having the entity system in a module causes a circular dependency for other base modules in core.
- The entity system was moved into entity.module, but that happened before we introduced PSR-0 and OO code in Drupal\Core.
- The entity system itself is pure API code/infrastructure. It does not have a database schema or anything else attached to it that would require the module system for itself to function.
- hook_entity_info() will soon most probably be replaced with plugins.
- The entity system invokes module hooks, but that doesn't prevent itself from being autoloadable and located in Drupal\Core.
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 41,295 pass(es). View
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 41,240 pass(es). View
FAILED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 41,217 pass(es), 6 fail(s), and 0 exception(s). View