Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
There are some problems / inconsistencies related to the path prefix handling.
E.g. in some situations when accessing /, UI is being shown on English instead of the default language. But if /node is accessed, the UI is shown in the default language as expect.
Discussions during the D8MI sprint lead to following results:
- If a non-english language is chosen on installation time, English is removed.
The reason for doing so is that we don't want to assume users want a multilingual site
- Only the default language can have an empty path prefix.
- If the default language is changed, the path prefix of the new default language is kept, but the path prefix of the former default language is changed to the langcode.
The reason for doing so is to reduce the amount of broken links by changing the default language and we need to comply with 2.
- Rewrite Patch
- Change behaviour of installation
- Change behaviour on changing default language
- Test Patch
User interface changes
"After selecting a non-english language on installation English won't be enabled."
Original report by penyaskito
When accessing /, UI is being shown on English instead of the default language. If we access /node, the UI is shown on the default language as we would expect
Steps to reproduce:
- Install a D8 site in a language other than English, with a valid translation in the translations folder which could be imported.
- When going to /, interface is on English. When going to /node, interface is on the installation language.
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 40,362 pass(es). View
FAILED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] Failed to run tests: PHP Fatal error encountered during run_tests.sh. See review log for details.. View