- Despite huge efforts and spending entire weeks with working almost full time on the configuration system, the Drupal core process fails, and we're not making any substantial process at all.
- We've tried to distill architectural changes into separate and isolated issues previously. But the isolation is inherently missing the big picture. People not only had a hard time to make sense of the isolated changes, but the individual change proposals itself were partially conflicting with each other.
- At the current pace of individual issues, we would be done with the required re-architecture work at the time of feature freeze. But there's a huge stack of other efforts and issues that are blocked by the re-architecture work.
- Replace the configuration system with a working implementation.
- This change combines the essential roadmap changes into a single.
- No random patches. Entire development happens exclusively in the CMI sandbox. The main branch is config-next-1626584-sun.
Rename ConfigObject into just Config Rename StorageManager to StorageDispatcher #30: Remove hook_config_import_validate() and _error().
- FileStorage throws exceptions, while DatabaseStorage does not. Exceptions are not caught anywhere.
- Config objects need a better method of identifying whether any configuration data exists initially.
- Modules need a way to access the active store, whatever it is, without explicitly referencing DatabaseStorage.
@todos originally planned here, but deferred
- Configurable module thingies: Find a proper name. ;)
- Configurable module thingies: At minimum, introduce a consistent interface.
- Configurable module thingies: Consider to introduce a ConfigObjectBase that can be extended by all.
- Implement Drupal\image\Style object, make Image module API use it. Migrate image style rename/replacement style behavior.
Issues that won't be included here
FAILED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 41,159 pass(es), 19 fail(s), and 1 exception(s). View
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 40,489 pass(es). View
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 40,506 pass(es). View
FAILED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] Drupal installation failed. View