Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2012-046
- Project: Bundle copy (third-party module)
- Version: 7.x
- Date: 2012-March-28
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Arbitrary PHP code execution
Bundle copy is a replacement for the Content copy module which lives in the CCK project for Drupal 6. Besides the ability to import and export content types, taxonomy and user entities are also supported. Field groups can be exported easily as well.
The module doesn't sufficiently check whether the user has the "use PHP for settings" permission, allowing to execute arbitrary PHP code while importing settings.
This vulnerability is mitigated by the fact that an attacker must have a role with the permission "administer taxonomy", "administer content types" or "administer users".
- Bundle copy 7.x-1.x versions prior to 7.x-1.0.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Bundle copy module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Bundle copy module for Drupal 7.x, upgrade to Bundle copy 7.x-1.1
Also see the Bundle copy project page.
- David Rothstein of the Drupal Security Team
- Kristof De Jaeger the module maintainer
- Ivo Van Geertruyen of the Drupal Security Team
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.