This is a meta issue for completing and improving the entity API for Drupal 8.
- Complete the API (i.e. implement full CRUD)
- Improve DX (classed objects, ..)
- Full support for diverse storage engines, remote storage per entity-type.
Step 1: The base: CRUD, classed objects based upon a defined interface
Step 2: Convert all entity types to classed objects:
Once the above issues are complete:
Rely on. Not possible, see .
Step 3: Multiple controllers/decoupling: Lay the foundation for adding more entity-based functionality.
Step 4: Add further APIs around entities
- Entity Validation (based upon property level validation API)
- Entity Access API (+ property level access).
- Entity Form system.
Misc, but major issues without any particular order:
- Implement full revision support in the database storage controller
- When revisions are done ==>
- Refactor EFQ to build upon the storage controller
- Unify the storage system (Field storage + entity storage):
- Related sandbox: http://drupal.org/sandbox/damz/1496468
Let’s use this issue for high-level architecture discussion and update the roadmap accordingly.