I am currently using the xpath parser to map links to my link field. The title is being mapped correctly but there is a problem with URLs. I get this message in Drupal's system log.

Notice: Undefined index: url in _link_process() (line 330 of /home/glumboco/public_html/couponclad.com/sites/all/modules/link/link.module).

The newly created nodes have a title but the url is blank

Comments

johnbarclay’s picture

What happens if you map the url and title to separate text fields? Are both populated?

johnbarclay’s picture

Its also possible that the link mapper simply doesn't work. I ran the simpltest for it and it failed. Its unclear if the simpletests haven't been updated to drupal 7 or if the link mapper simplty doesn't work. The tests are at admin/config/development/testing when testing module is enabled.

zazinteractive’s picture

I am mapping them to separate fields

johnbarclay’s picture

Link mapper has a number of issues. I've added them ot the issues summary page at http://drupal.org/node/1301604

giorgio79’s picture

Just tried importing a URL into a Link field, and I can confirm it does not work :)

giorgio79’s picture

Category:support» bug
Tafa’s picture

Hi,

I am experiencing a similar issue and could not import links from a cvs file. So, I wondered if this had to do with the specific format of the URl (youtube link) but tested on a random link and still no link being imported.
I am not sure how to go from there. Maybe one way would be use a different importer and overwrite content but I am dubious this would solve the problem.
Thanks
T

giorgio79’s picture

I found that there is actually a URL field for the node path, and then there is MyFieldname (URL) for Link field. This second one worked for me.

Tafa’s picture

I used a workaround and exported the urls straight into the table. Worked for me though some vids are missing.

cpelham’s picture

I kept getting corrupted YouTube links on import with SimplePie parser. The equals signs and ampersands in the links were being escaped, which broke the links. Switching to Common syndication parser and re -importing the feed items from YouTube fixed the problem.

twistor’s picture

Status:Active» Fixed

I re-wrote the link mapper in http://drupalcode.org/project/feeds.git/commit/714c9e3.

Let me know if this is still an issue.

Status:Fixed» Closed (fixed)

Automatically closed -- issue fixed for 2 weeks with no activity.

alanom’s picture

Status:Closed (fixed)» Active

EDITTED, IGNORE - I thought I was seeing this bug in alpha7, as link URLs were coming up blank while what I thought was identical logic mapped to other fields was being processed fine. Actually, there was a valid reason why it was coming up blank (preceding slash in xpath logic). So all is fine and works, I've re-closed this issue below.

alanom’s picture

Issue summary:View changes

typo

alanom’s picture

Version:7.x-2.0-alpha4» 7.x-2.0-alpha7
Status:Closed (fixed)» Active

-ignore-

alanom’s picture

Status:Active» Closed (fixed)

Status:Active» Closed (fixed)