Imagecache Profiles module allows you to set user profile pictures that are consistent throughout your site and allows avatars on the user profile pages to be a different size. The module also allows for style definitions to be defined for images used in Comments and Nodes.
The standard Image styles in Drupal 7 core are; thumbnail, medium and large. If a different Image style is desired, it can be created.
Part 1. Create a new Image style to use with ImageCache Profiles.
Here is an example of how to create a new Image style, your settings can vary.
- Go to Configuration › Image styles. Click "Add style"
- Input a Style name, for this example, make it "tiny":
- After Style "tiny" is created, in the edit screen:
- select an EFFECT
- select "Resize" from the Select a new effect fieldgroup, and Select "add"
- set width and height to 20
- select "Add effect"
- select "Update style"
Part 2. Installation Instructions
- Download, install and enable the ImageCache_Profiles module
- Enable user pictures.
- Go to Configuration › Account settings › Under PERSONALIZATION: Click "Enable user pictures."
- If setting a default picture it should use a relative url path (ex. sites/default/files/default-picture.png)
- Default Picture display style: Select the Image style to set the default user picture size throughout the site
- Profile picture display style: Select the Image style to set the user picture size on a user's profile page
- Comment picture display style: Select the Image style to set the user picture size within comments
- Node picture display style: Select the Image style to set the user picture size within nodes
- Set picture minimum width in pixels: 200
- Set picture minimum height in pixels: 200
- Set picture maximum dimensions to 1600x1400
- Set picture maximum file size to 1024
- Set your picture guidelines text to: "Photo must be larger than 200x200 pixels." To prevent upscaling, these dimensions should be the dimensions of your largest preset.
Adding a profile picture to panels
If you and want to add an Imagecache profile picture to a profile panel page (including the one that comes default from Advanced Profile Kit module) , then you can add it very easily by editing a panel page (e.g. profile), go to content tab, then add a pane to one of the regions, then choose the User picure. and SAVE! There should now be a picture of the user, resized to your profile imagecache profile preset.