Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
Ok, I feel really stupid for having to ask this, so hopefully someone can tell me what daft mistake I've made quickly so I can bury my head in the sand.
1. I have Organic Groups installed and two content types assigned to Group home page node types (Foyer and Society).
2. I have no trouble theming CCK content types and the node-news.tpl.php in my theme directory works perfectly. I have node-og.tpl.php in the same directory.
3. It seems to me that I should be able to use if($node->type=='foyer') and if($node->type=='society') to generate different themes for Foyer Groups and Society Groups, in which different CCK fields are pulled from the database and (potentially) different content is presented in the View for River of News.
I cannot for the life of me alter anything on the default group home page layout, and I do not understand how node-og.tpl.php is meant to work when the content type templates can also be modified by node-foyer.tpl.php or node-society.tpl.php.
What I've tried:
- I tried creating a view and changing the OG Presentation Style to it. I have og_ghp_foyers which generates a page view to foyersview and the first $arg is Group NID. When visiting foyersview/7, Views correctly displays a teaser list of (CCK type) News nodes (currently I only have the one).
- When I change the views Filter settings to exclude News nodes, I notice that the teaser disappears from the group home page.
- However, when I change anything else (to full node, list view etc.) the foyersview/7 page is updated accordingly, but the group home page reverts to the default teaser view.
- I don't understand what's going on here (why the view settings should sometimes but not always affect the group home page) and I'd appreciate some explanation.
1. I would like to have a
2. There should be another
I have spent the last ten hours searching for a solution to this, but I finally give up. If anyone could help me out, I'd be really grateful.