Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
Last updated June 3, 2016.
This page documents changes that have been made to the 'Version control' tab on the project pages on drupal.org. Drupal.org is using a diverged version of the Project Git instructions module.
- Changed new project instructions to use 'git push origin 7.x-1.x' instead of 'git push origin master' per https://drupal.org/node/1837160
- Added a link for maintainers to Git config docs per https://drupal.org/node/2038213
- Removed --recursive from clone command per https://drupal.org/node/1532248
- When pushing a tag, specified that only a tag is pushed per http://drupal.org/node/1717618
- Clarified commands for pushing a branch per http://drupal.org/node/1633154
- Removed erroneous -u from directions for pushing tags per http://drupal.org/node/1545782
- Added --recursive to git clone commands per http://drupal.org/node/1532248
- Added explicit reference to the need for referencing the Advanced patch workflow when you've made multiple Git commits
- Added instruction to use Git Deploy per http://drupal.org/node/1013302
- Changed the tab name "Git instructions" to "Version control" per http://drupal.org/node/1164696
- Issue #1081308: Updated push directions to use -u, which sets up to track the remote branch.
- Issue #1128070: Re-added directions for committing and pushing to the Sandbox maintainers tab.
- Issue #1128070: Overhauled the patching instructions to remove any topic/feature branching for all instruction sets
- Issue #1080860: Updated commit message directions to explicitly recommend against starting messages with #
- Issue #1092226: Updated command for creating patches from
git format-patch to git diff
- Issue #1104302: Added directions for applying patches and abandoning local changes
- Issue #1075982: Added link to 'Troubleshooting Git clone' for projects you maintain.