Give the gift of Drupal. All merchandise is 50% off through 2016.
Last updated June 3, 2016.
This page documents changes that have been made to the 'Version control' tab on the project pages on drupal.org. Drupal.org is using a diverged version of the Project Git instructions module.
- Changed new project instructions to use 'git push origin 7.x-1.x' instead of 'git push origin master' per https://drupal.org/node/1837160
- Added a link for maintainers to Git config docs per https://drupal.org/node/2038213
- Removed --recursive from clone command per https://drupal.org/node/1532248
- When pushing a tag, specified that only a tag is pushed per http://drupal.org/node/1717618
- Clarified commands for pushing a branch per http://drupal.org/node/1633154
- Removed erroneous -u from directions for pushing tags per http://drupal.org/node/1545782
- Added --recursive to git clone commands per http://drupal.org/node/1532248
- Added explicit reference to the need for referencing the Advanced patch workflow when you've made multiple Git commits
- Added instruction to use Git Deploy per http://drupal.org/node/1013302
- Changed the tab name "Git instructions" to "Version control" per http://drupal.org/node/1164696
- Issue #1081308: Updated push directions to use -u, which sets up to track the remote branch.
- Issue #1128070: Re-added directions for committing and pushing to the Sandbox maintainers tab.
- Issue #1128070: Overhauled the patching instructions to remove any topic/feature branching for all instruction sets
- Issue #1080860: Updated commit message directions to explicitly recommend against starting messages with #
- Issue #1092226: Updated command for creating patches from
git format-patch to git diff
- Issue #1104302: Added directions for applying patches and abandoning local changes
- Issue #1075982: Added link to 'Troubleshooting Git clone' for projects you maintain.