Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
If a tradition is defined as something that happens once before, we have a long standing tradition of making predictions for the Drupal year ahead. This year as well, we will be looking back to see how people predicted 2006 and you can make your own predictions for Drupal in 2007.
Review of last years predictions:
- Adrian was right when he predicted "More core developers employed full time on drupal." but wrong with a thousand Drupal distributions that will see the light.
- silverwing was right when he predicted "There will be more then 70.0000 users. In the next couple of days we will welcome our 100.000th member!
- Zack was spot on when he said "A major public technology corporation (Yahoo, Google, Sun, IBM) will invest directly in Drupal development." IBM contributed not in the way that anyone had foreseen but they are practically writing a book about our beloved CMS.
- Dries was right on several points, more AJAX, the fact that other systems have grown faster in certain (smaller) markets, the growing pains and the substantial progress.
- gtoddv was in the right direction for his "Global Warming Creation Module", close but no cigar.
Nobody predicted that MTV.co.uk would be running Drupal, we would have the best DrupalConference in Brussel, Rasmus speaking (briefly) about Drupal on TWIT or the amount of quality books about Drupal or a great Drupal birthday cake. And one of the most visible things, are very very good default theme for the upcoming Drupal version!
End Fortuneteller Agreement:
So feel free to post your predictions for 2007. What will happen with Druplicon or Drupal core in 2007? What modules will see the light and what major sites will make the switch? It is up to you to predict how the community and the code will evolve next year and what the trends will be. This year we introduce some rules for our fortunetellers:
- You need to download and install Drupal 5 beta, play with it and hunt for bugs. You cant predict the future without tasting it!
- No jokes about Drupal in Java, RoR or any other language, that has been done extensively for many years now.
- Comments wont be nodes, also not in 2007.
- You are free to describe something that what will not happen in 2007 as well. Since this is a new tradition started by Killes.
By submitting your prediction you agree to The Rules. Let the future come!