Yr Weatherdata collects weather forecast from Yr.no, a free, online weather service operated by the Norwegian Meteorological Institute and Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation. The data is displayed both in blocks and pages.
- More than 7 million locations to choose from.
- Configurable with different units for displaying temperature, wind speed, pressure etc.
- Weather forecast is displayed in a page for all locations.
- Each location also has its own detailed page.
- A block with upcoming weather forecast for all locations.
- Each location also has its own block.
- A block displaying the weather forecast for a random location.
- Plenty of theme hooks available for customization.
- All output is cached for high performance.
- 5-day weather forecast, each day divided in four 6-hour periods.
- Shows sunrise and sunset.
- Weather forecast also available as a printable PDF.
Requirements (all branches)
- PHP 5
Improved performance, customization and theming compared to the old 6.x-1.x branch. This is being actively developed, and new features will be added in the future.
The 6.x-2.x branch is based on the 7.x-1.x branch, and includes all the benefits over the old 6.x-1.x branch. 6.x-1.x has reached end of life, and users should upgrade to 6.x-2.x or Drupal 7 with the 7.x-1.x branch.
Upgrades are in place for:
- 6.x-1.x to 6.x-2.x
- 6.x-1.x to 7.x-1.x
- 6.x-2.x to 7.x-1.x
Everything should be converted automatically, just overwrite the old module folder and run the upgrade script.
Note: If you upgrade from 6.x-1.x to 6.x-2.x and plan to move to Drupal 7 after that, cron must be run at least once while using 6.x-2.x before moving to the 7.x-1.x branch.
- "AJAX-y" location adding - type in a few letters in a location name, and get a list of suggestions, like many other autocomplete interfaces in Drupal.
- Integration with location-aware modules like Location and GeoNames, when these modules are ready for D7.
#D7CX: Yr Weatherdata 7.x-1.0 was released the same day as Drupal 7!